In the eyes of many consumers, 304 stainless steel and 201 stainless steel is almost no difference, with the naked eye almost can not tell, here to introduce some of the distinction between 304 and 201 methods.
- specifications: commonly used stainless steel sheet is divided into 201 and 304 two models, the actual composition is different, 304 quality better, but the price is expensive, 201 worse. 304 for the import of stainless steel, 201 for the domestic stainless steel plate.
- 201 composition for the 17Cr-4.5Ni-6Mn-N, is the section of Ni steel, 301 steel alternative steel. After cold processing with magnetic, for railway vehicles.
- 304 composition of 18Cr-9Ni, is the most widely used stainless steel, heat-resistant steel. For food production equipment, the former chemical equipment, nuclear energy and so on.
- 201 is a high manganese content, the surface is very bright with dark dark, high manganese content is easy to rust. 304 chrome more, the surface showing matte, no rust. Two put together there is a comparison. The most important thing is the corrosion resistance of different, 201 corrosion resistance is poor, so the price will be much cheaper. And because 201 nickel low, so the price is lower than 304, so corrosion resistance is not as good as 304.
- 201 and 304 is nickel. And the price of 304 are now more expensive, but 304 at least you can guarantee that the use of the process will not rust. (Available stainless steel syrup to do the experiment)
- Stainless steel is not easy to rust because the surface of the steel body to form chromium-rich oxide can protect the body, 201 material is high manganese stainless steel 304 hardness, high carbon and low nickel.
- The composition of different (mainly from the carbon, manganese, nickel, chromium and other aspects to distinguish between 201 and 304 stainless steel).
Steel (C) silicon (Si) manganese (Mn) phosphorus (P) sulfur (S) chromium (Cr) nickel (Ni) molybdenum (Mo) copper (Cu)
AISI (304) ≤0.08 ≤1.00 ≤2.00 ≤0.045 ≤0.03 18-20 8-10
AISI (201) ≤0.15 ≤1.00 5.5-7.5 ≤0.05 ≤0.03 16-18 3.5-5.5